Tuesday, October 30, 2018

The Super Challenge! - REVIVAL! - Day 2

It was morning. It was still storming, no doubt.
Hydrogen: Wow, looks like we've made it through one night with the crazy murderer... do you agree, Nitrogen?
Nitrogen: Yes. However, maybe we won't make it through tomorrow, if anything crazy happens...
Oxygen: Don't scare us like that, Nitrogen! We will make it through, and escape this crazy mansion!
Nitrogen: Alright, sorry. I don't want anyone else here dying...
Meanwhile, in another bedroom...
Phosphorus was waking up, when suddenly...
"Phosphorus! Why is your face all red!?"
It was Fluorine. He looked disgusted.
Fluorine: Did someone paint your face red?
Phosphorus: What!? My face is red?
Fluorine brings Phosphorus a mirror.
Phosphorus: Yikes.
A drop of red dropped on Fluorine's head.
Fluorine: It looks like something's up with the vent.
Phosphorus was sleeping above a vent... and the vent was dripping blood!
Phosphorus: Yuck! Did an animal die up there!?
Fluorine: It looks fresh... and there's lots of it dripping down. It was above your bed, explaining why you looked so ugly today...
Phosphorus: Be serious... we need to call Mercury up here...
Fluorine and Phosphorus come downstairs, where Mercury was keeping watch. All of the elements in the detective group were awake.
Mercury: Phosphorus, Fluorine, why are you here? Why's your face red? I've been keeping watch, and it seems like there was nothing out of place.
Phosphorus: There was blood dropping out of the vent.
Fluorine: It made Phosphorus look really ugly. I think some animals died there!
Suddenly, Ruthenium comes rushing down, knocking down Mercury on the way.
Mercury: Whoa, be careful! That hurt! Why are you in such a rush?
Ruthenium: Rhodium isn't waking up!
Mercury: Alright, I have two cases now. Let's split up into groups. Cesium, Rubidium, Iodine, Technetium and I will check for the Phosphorus issue, while the rest go check on the Rhodium issue.
Rubidium: You can count on me! I'm brave, passionate, and-
Cesium: I'm also brave, passionate, agile, and smart. Are you?
Rubidium: Yes. Now let's work together as a TEAM, Cesium.
The group, Phosphorus, and Fluorine go up to Room #2, where the bloody vent was. Mercury jumps up and opens the vent, only for a body to fall out...
Iodine: CHLORINE!?
Mercury: Yes, yes it seems so... only with his throat slit.
Iodine: And it doesn't look like he's alive no more...
Mercury: My suspicions were true. The murderer got to Chlorine while he was unconscious.
Cesium: From now on, keep watch on fainted subjects! So this can never happen again! Why didn't you suggest this, Mercury!?
Mercury: Sorry, Cesium... guess I was too caught up in my mystery that I forgot...
Phosphorus: Do you think it's the same murderer!?
Mercury: Wait, are you suggesting there's more than one murderer!?
Fluorine: Preposterous! It must be the same one! He always uses a knife in his tactics!
Rubidium: We've lost another element...
Meanwhile, in room #3...
Ruthenium: Do you think he's in a deep sleep?
Bromine: I've gotta check on him, carefully.
Bromine checks on Rhodium. He touches his body, only to...
Bromine: Wow, that's unusually cold...
Ruthenium: Oh no... that can only suggest one thing...
Palladium: There's only one suggestion... bring Titanium here.
Titanium comes in.
Palladium: Do that thing you did to Chlorine.
Titanium: WAKE UP, RHODIUM! YOU'RE LATE FOR SCHOOL!!!
Bromine: He might be...
titanium punches rhodium's face.
Ruthenium: NO! NOT LIKE THAT!!
Bromine: ...dead.
Ruthenium: I suspected it. He wasn't moving, even when Titanium punched him in the face!
Zirconium: Maybe he died in his sleep? I'm not sure...
Niobium: We don't know that for sure, Zirconium. He looks pretty young...
Zirconium: Maybe he had cardiac arrest...
Bromine: Hey... there's still some wine in the glass he drinks out of! Maybe we can check it...
Vanadium: Let's go regroup with Mercury.
The whole group reunites.
Vanadium: Your findings?
Iodine: Someone slit Chlorine's throat and hid his body in the vent.
Palladium: Rhodium is either in a deep sleep, or he died in his sleep. Would you mind checking his wine? Rhodium always drinks it.
Mercury checks for the contents in the wine... and then comes up with a conclusion.
Mercury: I found your answer... the wine was poisoned! With some... with some rat poison.
Ruthenium: But... but by who!?
Bromine: This is the first death unrelated to a knife... but a poisoning... maybe there's more than one murderer here!
Fluorine: Now THAT'S scary... at this rate, we're all going to be extinct before 7 days pass... not even I want Phosphorus to die...
Phosphorus: Yikes... 4 elements dead!? In a matter of 12 hours? Now that's yucky...
Vanadium: Don't worry. I have a weapon to take care of the murderer, in case if he tries to murder me.
Mercury: The investigation is on pause right now... we already know the causes of their deaths...
Rubidium: For now, let's eat our breakfast.
The elements come downstairs, into the dining room. Mendeleev was downstairs.
Dmitri: Did you mention we're going to have fun and games in the mansion?
Vanadium: By fun and games, you mean this murder mystery!?
Dmitri: No. Your breakfast is going to be a cooking contest! Whoever wins gets a prize. There will be 3 groups of 11, and 5 groups of 10. You choose.
Oxygen & Hydrogen: YAY!
Dmitri: By the way, there's some "mystery meat." Use it in your recipe, and you get 10 extra points.
Eventually, team Oxygen wins, with his team's breakfast pizza. Dmitri Mendeleev loved pizza, you see. And it had the mystery meat as the topping!
Dmitri: You're going to get a prize. A token to Mendeleev World, my new amusement park! All of you 10!
Hydrogen: Thanks, Oxygen!
Everyone eats their breakfast.
Oxygen: This mystery meat tastes great! Wonder what it is...
Phosphorus: Who knows? I'm so glad I got to team up with you!
Sulfur: Yeehaw! We'll be able to enjoy Mendeleev World together!
After breakfast, the stormy weather cleared up. It left a beautiful sunshine behind.
Dmitri: Who wants to go to an obstacle course? I set it up!
All the athletic ones, childish ones, and agile ones went.
Everyone: Uh, no thanks.
Dmitri: OK! Next challenge will be this evening!
Vanadium: I'd rather not...
Dmitri: Someone's a little down...
Barium: Anyways, when's the firework show? Strontium and I have been WAITING!
Strontium: Yeah!
Dmitri: On the 6th day, before you all leave! It'll be a stunning firework show!
Cesium: (Thinking) Do you wish you could just open someone's head and see what they were thinking?
Dmitri: You can just have some free time. I'll be off doing my own thing.
Cesium: Alright, then.
Nitrogen: I'm just going to relax. Oxygen, Hydrogen, Helium, don't enter my room. If you absolutely have to, knock first.
Hydrogen: It's our room, but whatever.
Nitrogen walks upstairs. She goes to her bedroom, to relax.
Nitrogen: Some well-deserved alone time. I think it's time to read a book or two...
Nitrogen gets out her book. After a while or so, someone opens the door...
Nitrogen: I told you to knock before entering!
???: I'm not Hydrogen, Helium, or Oxygen. I've come for you, Nitrogen.
Nitrogen: It's you... YOU!!!
???: Correct.
The mysterious man (or woman) gets out a pistol, and then...
BAM.
Oxygen: What was that sound!?
Hydrogen: It came from the room Nitrogen was in! Let's check if she's fine...
Hydrogen knocks on the door.
Hydrogen: Nitrogen? Are you okay? Did you drop something?
Oxygen: Nitrogen?
However, when Hydrogen opens the door, he sees something...
awful.
Hydrogen: OH MY GOODNESS!!
Oxygen: What's wrong...?
Nitrogen was in her bed, lying down...
but she had a bullet in her forehead...
Oxygen: THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG!!
Oxygen and Hydrogen come rushing down quickly, as fast as possible.
Hydrogen: The murderer got Nitrogen! She's dead! There was a forehead in her bullet, and-
Mercury: Slow down. What happened?
Hydrogen: The murderer got Nitrogen. There was a bullet in her forehead... it was too violent to describe... but whatever it is, Nitrogen isn't with us anymore... we lost a good friend...
Oxygen: Ironically, she said something crazy would happen... something crazy happened to her!
Everyone has a moment of silence, for remembrance of Nitrogen.
Phosphorus and Sulfur go back upstairs, after the moment of silence.
Phosphorus: Strange... looks like the vent and my bed were cleaned.
Sulfur: The murderer probably cleaned it. And also, Chlorine's body is gone...
Phosphorus: They probably did the same to Rhodium... where do you think they keep the bodies?
Sulfur: Not sure.
Meanwhile, everyone else goes to Room #1, where Nitrogen resided when she was killed.
Zirconium: Who would do such a thing? She was just peacefully reading her book.
Hafnium: The murderer doesn't care about any of us. He only cares about killing us all.
Mercury: Looks like the murderer doesn't only use a knife or poisons; he also has a gun with him... meaning he could shoot any of us right now!
Meanwhile, for the murderer... they were in the vent, eavesdropping.
???: I hate the fact that they're talking about my most recent murder... but better sorry than late.
The murderer gets away.
Mercury: And goodness, who knows what other weapons he has with him...
Tantalum: Wait, how do you know the murderer is a boy?
Mercury: Actually, we're not completely sure about the gender of the murderer. I just assume it's a boy, but it could be a woman.
Tantalum: WHATEVER! Let ME take over! I'm the better detective than you!
Mercury: H-hey! Tantalum!!
Tantalum: So, this guy primarily uses a knife. However, he can use poison or guns, too. We don't know for sure. What we know is that I'm a better detective than Mercury, and-
However, a bullet hits Tantalum's forehead, while he was talking about how how superior he was.
Ruthenium: That was perfectly timed.
however, for niobium, she was a total mess.
Niobium: DADDY! NOOOO!!!!
Ruthenium: Just let her recover...
Niobium: Those monsters! They... they killed my daddy! And now they're going to pay!
Mercury: Hmm... look at what we found in the cabinet... an assassination device... and it was aimed towards me...
Meanwhile, outside the hallway...
???: Darn it, I failed to assassinate that Mercury guy. That bullet was a fire one, too...
Back inside the room, Niobium was just endlessly crying...
Mercury: It had a timer... this murderer must be really smart...
Niobium goes into Vanadium's bag, and steals one of her wrenches.
Niobium: Watch out, Mr. or Mrs. Murderer! Niobium is comin' for you!
Niobium runs into the hallway.
Mercury: Ruthenium, make sure she's safe. Follow her!
Ruthenium comes following Niobium.
However, when Niobium was running in the hall, she suddenly falls into a trapdoor!
Niobium: AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Ruthenium: Niobium FELL!!
Ruthenium staggers back to the bedroom, visibly scared.
Mercury: Where's Niobium!?
Ruthenium: I saw... Niobium fall down into a trapdoor! Who knows where that trapdoor fell down to...
Mercury: I'll go look. Palladium & Ruthenium, follow me. Let's tiptoe very quietly...
Mercury, Palladium, and Ruthenium tiptoe, only to find a square opening in the middle of the hallway. Ruthenium made the mistake of looking down...
...to find Niobium...
...impaled on a bunch of spikes. She was barely clinging onto life...
Niobium: You were right, Ruthenium, no one is perfect... not even I am... I'm sorry, I was too fast... I just wanted revenge...
Ruthenium: Who DID this to you!?
Niobium: I don't know... I won't last much longer... remember me, Ruthenium...
Ruthenium: I will. I will avenge you, even though you irritated me earlier! You're still an element, and you still matter! Let's find this murderer!
Niobium weakly smiles. And then, afterwards...
she died.
Silver: All of us are being picked off, one by one... in many, different ways. I don't want to die; I'm a prince...
Gold: Whoever murders the king of Aurum will have to pay a hefty fine to the kingdom!
Ruthenium: Goodbye, Niobium... you had a good run...
Mercury: Hmm... there's a note.
Dear victims,
You'll never get revenge on me! You'll all die, one by one, until all of you are dead! There is NO escape!! And what's even worse is that I'm gonna prolong it, so you'll have to cower in fear while all of you are picked off!
Mercury: Yikes. That's a pretty harsh note... and it isn't signed...
Zirconium: I just want to leave this mansion...
Tin: Me too...
Molybdenum: Whoever this murderer is, I will crush them when they're found. With my fists! They've already killed too much elements!
Mercury: Here are the rules; no one can go alone; someone has to travel with them! I know, some of you are bummed out, but it's for your safety. Look at what happened to Nitrogen!
Zirconium: Alright, Hafnium, I think it's time to travel in pairs...
Hafnium: You can count on me, little sis.
Zirconium: Thanks...
Hydrogen: I can always depend on Oxygen here!
Oxygen: That's right!
The afternoon went on without any incidents happening. However, during the evening, some screaming could be heard.
Mercury: I'll go outside to investigate... who wants to join me? I can't go alone; it's unsafe.
Fluorine: I will! Besides, 2 is better than one, and I want to get out of this dreaded mansion for once!
Mercury & Fluorine go outside, to investigate the scream. It turns out there was a robot trapped under a fallen tree...
Mercury: It's just a robot... but I'll help it anyways; maybe it can provide us some tips!
Robot: Help me, please... I was just taking a walk, when this tree fell over and trapped me... and look at the weather...
Mercury looks outside, to see some storm clouds forming.
Robot: I'm not waterproof... looks like it's over for me...
Mercury: Don't worry, I've been trained to save lives!
Fluorine & Mercury help get the tree off the robot.
Mercury: In return, can you tell me how you got here? Any clues about the murderer?
Robot: I am a robot... desired to KILL. Created BY the murderer. You just fell into my trap!
Mercury tries destroying the robot, but it fails.
Robot: I'm mercury-proof. On the other hand, you two get to enjoy my new RAZOR BLADES!!
Mercury and Fluorine try fighting back, to no avail...
They keep on fighting, until they get to the cliffside...
Mercury: You'll never take me down!!
Fluorine goes all wild on the robot, but it didn't work.
Robot: I also have... a WATERY SURPRISE.
The robot shove Mercury & Fluorine off the cliff...
into the rocks.
Meanwhile, back at the mansion...
Manganese: I don't like this mansion at all. I'm probably going to get killed!! And then I can't watch my ANIMU! This SUCKS! I miss my ANIMU!
Terbium: Me too, man. I miss my "Yancha's Adventure" game! And my animu waifu games...
Manganese: Wait, you play animu waifu games!?
Terbium: Yes!
Manganese: Terbium? I just realized something.
Terbium: Yeah?
Manganese: We're going to be the BESTEST of friends!
Manganese and Terbium give each other a bro hug. Everyone else was just disgusted.
Magnesium: Manganese? Seriously?
Potassium: Quit with your "festival" and focus on real life issues, like the murders. By the way, Mercury and Fluorine are taking longer than usual...
Rubidium: Potassium is right; I'm getting irritated by you two. Stop glorifying Japanese cartoons and focus on the mission.
Manganese: No, you're just mean! I love my animu, animu is life!
Everyone goes to a different room. Eventually, it was dinner time, and they all went down to the dining room...
Platinum: This is strange; Mercury and Fluorine aren't back. They should be in time for dinner. They're missing out!
Titanium: Yeah! I can't wait for my favorite; the ultimate diabetes burger!
Eventually, everyone enjoyed their meals. Tungsten was... well, wolfing down his meal, like a wolf.
After dinner...
Dmitri: Hope you enjoyed your meals!
Manganese: It was great! It was GREAT Japanese animu food!
Potassium facepalms.
Gold: Thanks for the opportunity, Dmitri. I've never been so honored before. After all, I am a king.
Dmitri: You're welcome, King Gold of Aurum.
Magnesium: Now that I've eaten lots of protein, are there any sports areas here?
Dmitri: Follow me!
Magnesium follows the scientist to the basketball court.
Dmitri: Enjoy your stay!
Dmitri Mendeleev closes the door, leaving Magnesium in the room all alone.
Magnesium: I can't wait!
However, one of the basketballs hits Magnesium's head.
Magnesium: Hey! Watch where you throw your basketballs!
More basketballs pelt Magnesium. Eventually... the basketballs move by THEMSELVES!?
The basketballs dribble themselves, and then eventually advance towards Magnesium...
Magnesium: Oh no... this is a nightmare... right?
Meanwhile...
Palladium: They still haven't come back... did something happen to them? It's dark outside... let's check tomorrow.
Potassium: By the way, I wanna check on Magnesium; let's see how many shots he made!
Potassium goes to the basketball court. He opens the door... to see...
Potassium: WHAT THE...
It turns out the basketballs were covered in blood, and Magnesium's corpse wasn't too far away. Magnesium was crushed to death... by basketballs!? All his bones were crushed, some sticking out of his corpse...
Potassium: What kind of accident is THIS!?
Potassium runs back, and tells Mercury's detective group about what happened. They all rush to the basketball room, and see the scene... Iodine, the nurse, comes and checks up on Magnesium.
Iodine: That's some irreversible damage there... looks like the basketballs have killed him...
Potassium: I swear, he's a great basketball player! I highly doubt this was an accident! I think the MURDERER played basketball with him!
Everyone gasps.
Palladium: That can't be!
Vanadium: I have an idea, Palladium. I think it's Dmitri! He lead him to this basketball room, and it's no coincidence that he died a few minutes later!
Palladium: I agree. We've gotta question him!
Vanadium: But the question is, where is he?
Potassium: Well, Magnesium is dead, and looks like there aren't any fingerprints on the basketballs... what mysterious circumstances...
To be continued...

Will they find the mysterious murderer? Is Dmitri Mendeleev innocent? Will they find out the strange circumstances surrounding Magnesium's death? Where are Mercury and Fluorine?

Find out in the next installment!

Deaths:
Antimony, Beryllium, Chlorine, Rhodium, Nitrogen, Tantalum, Niobium, Magnesium
Missing:
Mercury, Fluorine

No comments:

Post a Comment